|Bradford House - Then and Now - Archaeology - October 6, 2007
The original portion of the Bradford House built in 1858-9 was the smaller gabled stone structure and served as a stage stop on the Bradford toll road which climbed steeply behind the home. He charged 10 cents for a horse and 25 cents for a wagon or team of horses.
The larger main house was completed in 1872 on the property of 229 acres. The stone buildings once stood beside the Ute Trail, but today it stands behind a chain link fence, gutted by fire in the Ken Caryl subdivision.